Monday, June 25, 2018

Need sleep???

Let's face it, some nights we all have trouble falling asleep. We toss and we turn, we flip and we roll until its time for a potty break, which usually ends up with a stroll to the kitchen, a look through the fridge and a midnight snack. Well at least that's how they go for ME! :)
.
I've always heard this saying growing up, "If you can't fall asleep, COUNT SHEEP!" I'm like, sheep??? What sheep? Where are they? This is AZ we don't just have sheep WONDERING through the desert. They'll either die of starvation for the lack of grass and water, or become DESSERT for a coyote. Count sheep, I just don't get it!!!! I asked my mom one time what that was supposed to mean and she explained to me that BACK IN THE DAY, people had herds of sheep and they would tell their children to picture the herd in their minds and to try and count them all and before they could count them all, they would fall asleep!
.
I'm like, hmmmm...maybe we could move up in the times and think of something a LITTLE more exciting!!! THEN my mom heard this saying...
"Instead of counting sheep, talk to THE SHEPHERD!!!"
.
I thought, that's REALLY GOOD!!! Why NOT talk to Jesus! However, I just recently learned something else to do that helps you fall asleep...AND I've done it and have had great success with so far! Soooooo I thought I would share it with you all!
.
 The tip is simply this; If you can't fall asleep at night, Go through the alphabet in order and think of ONE thing you are thankful for that goes with THAT letter! So basically, this is STILL talking to THE SHEPHERD but in a specific way...GIVING HIM THANKS!!! Only two times I have had to go through the alphabet twice and most of the time I don't even get through the whole alphabet before I am asleep!
.
Sometimes I like to switch things up so that I don't get into a rut and always thank God for the same exact things...you know like every night starting off with thanking God for Apples, Books, Cats and Dogs! Sometimes I'll thank God for in Alphabetical order for things about my family, or my friends or my church or my week and sometimes ill just do in general...tonight I'm going to try thanking God in Alphabetical order what I'm thankful about for STILL being single...HA!...it may be a, UH, LOOOOOONG night...OR maybe it'll just put me to sleep REALLLLLY FAST!!!! AHAHAHAHA!!! JK!!! ;)

 Anyways, if you can't fall asleep one night, try this idea! I truly can't think of a better way to end my day than to think of different things to THANK MY GOD for!!! Have a blessed night and start THANKING!!! :)))
.
"Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name." (1 Chronicles 29:13)
♥Mary Frances :)