Tuesday, February 27, 2018

MORE trust!!!

No Mary! We're scared! We can't see!!! This is the voice of my girls yelling at me on a Wednesday night Bible class as I blindfolded them and were doing an object lesson with them. Leading them around outside the church, they couldn't see but I could and was leading them. They were freaking out, I laughed at their dramatics and said, you can't see BUUUUUT you know ME, you know I would NEVER do anything to hurt you guys.
.
Do you trust so and so?! Has anyone ever asked you that? And i'll think, yes, to a certain extent I trust them, BUUUUUUT, I don't really know them that well, the people that I truly trust enough to let into my uttermost thoughts and feelings are the people that I truly know. The ones that have been there for years and their friendships have stood the test of time. I know their character and I know that they love me and only want what's best for me. These are the people have been there in the good times and the bad times, they've seen me at my best and they've seen me at my worst and they've stuck with me through it all. They know ME and I know THEM and that IS WHY I trust them!!!
.
That got me to thinking about trusting in God, sometimes we say we trust God, but we trust him like we trust someone that we don't really know that well. We see him as that person that we don't know very well, that nice co-worker, or the friendly acquaintance we have fun and take pictures with at a conference but we don't truly know them, so we trust them yes, but only to that certain extent. And that's how we are with God at times, we trust him yes, but do we trust him with the uttermost part of our hearts? Do we trust him with all our fears, our hopes and our dreams? 
.
If your having trouble trusting in God, it's only because you don't know him well enough. But its SOOOO SIMPLE, if you want to trust God MORE, just get to know him MORE!!! I promise you, the more you know God, the more you will see his true character, you will see for yourself his nature, his loving-kindness, his mercy and his grace. How do you get to know him more, pray more, read your Bible more, ask him to draw you closer to him, seek his face, you will not be disappointed with getting to know The Lord!

Then when the hard times come and it feels like your blind-folded and your scared because you can't see the way, I can imagine hearing the Lord saying, but why are you scared when I'm leading you? you know me my child, you KNOW I would NEVER do anything to hurt you!!!  Just get to know him more, he will show you that he is true! The more you know him my friends, the more you will trust him!!! 
"I am the good shepherd...
Image result for Sheep and their shepherd
. and know my sheep, and am known of mine." (John 10:14)