Wednesday, March 17, 2021

When life has a black out!!!

I remember a time when I was 18, My sister and I went to a youth camp in Oklahoma. The dorm buildings  were solid brick buildings with now windows anywhere. One night as we were sleeping in our very uncomfortable bunks, I suddenly woke up to pitch blackness. I mean it was SOOOO DARK I could NOT even see my hand in front of me. As scared as I was, I knew from the whispers around me that there was a storm that had caused a black out which caused every light in the campgrounds to go out. It was dark my friends, DARK!!!
Even though I was scared and uncomfortable with the lights being out, I figured I would just go back to sleep, after all that made the most logical sense to do right??? I'm closing my eyes to go back to sleep when I hear a whisper, Mary! Mary! It was my sister, she was like, lets go to the bathroom...I'm like, just go to sleep! She's like, No lets go! I'm like, we can't see ANYTHING, there is no way we're going to make it out of this big room of bunks, into the hall and THEN find the bathroom in this pitch blackness! She's like, NO LETS GO!
.
Well sure enough WE GOT LOST! I'm telling you all it was one of the scariest feelings ever! We were literally lost in out own dorm room. You have to understand that per a room there are about 30 bunks set up and we were completely lost amongst them. We had no idea where our beds were anymore or where the door to the hallway was.
.
Holding hands we felt along the beds and walls, tripping over stuff till we finally made it to the hallway. Once in the hallway we were greeted the same blackness. Now we had no idea which room was ours OR how to get to the bathroom. We had no idea what to do as we walked along.
.
 Struggling through the darkness, we suddenly saw a tiny sliver of light. We realized that it was coming up from the dorm door. It was light from the moon seeping through the bottom door. It was such a tiny bit of light but to us it may as well have been a torch shining through. Thinking we could open the door all the way and let more moonlight in the dorm to find our way around.  Excitedly, We RAN to THE LIGHT!!!


However, before we actually got to the door the dorm mom came through with a HUGE flashlight! It was a good thing to because those doors had an alarm on them in case anyone tried to sneak out during the night!!! lol
.
The other day I was remembering this happening all those years ago. And it was SO VIVID in my mind how in that UTTER BLACKNESS, that little sliver of light underneath the door was such a welcomed sight that we actually RAN TO IT!!! We didn't think twice about it, if what we should stay in the dark hallway where we were lost... NO, We RAN TO THE LIGHT!!!
.
And it got me to thinking,  in this crazy life that we live, we NEED to be running to THE LIGHT!!!
.
There are times in our lives when go through hard times.  Trials that we battle, storms that literally turn into black outs in our lives! We have no idea what happened. One day we're living a normal life, then suddenly we wake up one day and open our eyes to total and UTTER BLACKNESS!!! We can't see in front of us or behind us or anywhere around us. Its dark. Its black and we feel lost in the sense that we have know idea where we are going or what we should do to find our way there.
.
Let me tell you something that I've learned to do in those times, I JUST LOOK FOR THE LIGHT!!! The Bible says in Hebrews 8:9 "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world..." My friends, JESUS IS OUR LIGHT!!! When life gets hard, JUST RUN TO JESUS!!! Read His word! Talk to the man of God in your life for guidance. When your going through a trial, now is NOT the time to start skipping out on church services and avoiding your pastor. Instead, emerge yourself into every church service possible and linger in God's presence. Seek Godly council from your God-given authorities, elders and mentors. RUN TO THE LIGHT!!!
.
Imagine in your mind, stumbling blindly through your problems. You don't know what to do or where to go  and suddenly you see just a SLITHER of light shining out to you. What is it? Oh LOOK...it's YOUR BIBLE...HEEEEEYYY... just a corner peeking out under a pile of papers on your nightstand. Don't just IGNORE that little slither of light as you continue to stumble around the dark hallway of confusion in your life. That's THE LIGHT...The Word of God...RUN TO IT!!!
What do you do when there's a black out???
YOU RUN TO JESUS!!!
YOU RUN TO THE LIGHT!!!
"The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light..." (Isaiah 60:19)
♥Mary Frances :)