Thursday, September 21, 2017

More Loved!!!

I was talking to my friend one time and they were saying, have you noticed how Sis. Ching-Chong seems to favor her one grandchild, lil Ching more than all the others?! I thought about it for a moment and then I said, you know, I don't know that it is that she ACTUALLY favors or loves THAT grandchild MORE than all her other grandkids. I said, I think its just THAT, out of all of Sis. Ching-chong's grandkids, that grandchild shows her THE MOST LOVE!!! And I don't think that its that, her other grandchildren don't love her, they just don't show her their love like that one grandchild!
.
 I mean, that little child will cry when they don't see her! They run and throw their arms around her, yell out GRANDMA when she walks into the room and smother her in kisses!!! and  When she is sick they worry about her and will ask for prayer for her. I said, so I don't think its that she loves THAT child MORE than all the other grandchildren. That grandmother, is ONLY returning to that grandchild all the LOVE that they show her, which happens to be MORE than her other grandchildren. However, I feel like she would respond in the same way to her other grandkids if they were that way towards her.
.
That got me to thinking about God. Sometimes we think that God plays favorites, but could it possibly be, that God is just responding to us in the amount of love that we SHOW HIM???
   In the Bible God says, "As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated." Now, of course I stand to be corrected if I am wrong, but I wonder if it was REALLY that God originally JUST HATED Esau, or was it because Esau could care less about the things of God?
.
When someone shows disdain towards us, it is our natural reaction to in turn not care too much for that person as well. We all know that there are certain people in our lives that we "LOVE" simply because we are Christians and the Bible commands us to love one another! OR as the humorous saying goes, "if it wasn't for YOU, how would I know how to LOVE THE UNLOVEABLE???" When someone has no interest and could care less about us, it is our natural reaction to in turn feel that same way about them.
.
I think that the way God felt about Esau was because of the way Esau felt about God. Esau could care less about God. He disdained the things of God and God in return disdained Esau. Jacob on the other hand desired the things of God. And all though he didn't go about doing things the right way, HIS MOTIVES were after the things of God. I believe that God LOVED Jacob, simply because Jacob LOVED GOD!!!
.
The Bible says that God ALREADY LOVES us,
"We love him, because he first loved us." (1 John 4:19)
BUUUUUUT what is it that would cause God to show EVEN MORE love to one individual than another???I take care of a little boy that LOVES ME, I don't know what it is about me that he does BUT I do know that because HE LOVES ME, I in turn can't help but love him back SO MUCH. Because HE LOVES ME, I can't help but want to do things for him and give him things that show in return my adoration to him. Could it possibly be that this is the way God, whom we were made in the image of,  is as well towards us. He ALREADY loves us, but is there a way to get him to show us EVEN MORE LOVE???
.
I believe that THE MORE LOVING we are towards God, THE MORE LOVING, he in return will be towards us. The word loving is NOT just an emotion but an action. There are ACTIONS we can take to show God our love towards him through obedience, prayer, holiness, modesty, devotions, praise and worship. I believe that the more things we do to show God that we love him, THE MORE things he in return will do to show us that he loves us.
.
I've made it a part of a my daily prayer to ask God, to help me to LOVE HIM MORE!! I want to love him MORE today, than I did yesterday and I want to love him MORE tomorrow than I did today! I want my love for him to expand. I ask God to increase my love towards him. Like a little child finds the benefits in truly showing an adult their love, their are benefits in showing God our love!!! The MORE you LOVE God, THE MORE He will LOVE YOU!!!

You want to be MORE LOVED BY GOD???
JUST LOVE HIM MORE!!!
"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind." (Matthew 22:37)
God HELP ME, to LOVE YOU MORE!!!
♥Mary Frances :)