Tuesday, August 29, 2017

WHY THE NAME???

I was listening to Focus On The Family earlier and the man was telling a story about a little boy that was lost in the grocery store. So this little boy started calling out his mommy's name! He said, "Heather! Heather! HEATHER!!!" Finally his mommy heard him and came and rescued him from being lost. But after she hugged him and calmed him down she asked him WHY he called her Heather and not just MOMMY??? And the little boy said, because Mommy, there are A LOT of mommies in this store...BUUUUUUUUUUUT I WANTED...
MY MOMMY!!!
.
Now, this had absolutely NOTHING to do with the point of the story that the radio was saying, buuuuuuuuuut this got me to thinking, when I was in college, writing for the college paper, I was writing an inspiring story and I was quoting the girl that the story was written about and I wrote, that she said she found love in the arms of Jesus. My teacher, who was a "Christian" said, how about, INSTEAD of saying in the arms of JESUS, how about we paraphrase her to say she found love in the arms of GOD! I was just kinda like, okaaaaaay buuuuut I don't really see WHYYYY??? I mean, after all, JESUS IS GOD!!!
.
 She said, well because when you say God, people are MORE ACCEPTING of that, because almost everyone believes in God in some sort of way or the other. Muslims, Jews, Hindu, Budhists, Bahai, ...they all believe in God, so they won't mind reading God, buuuuut WHEN YOU SAY, Jesus, now your being exclusive, because most people believe in God, buuuuut they don't believe that JESUS IS GOD!!! Weeeeeeeeellll...this DID NOT SET WELL WITH ME AT ALL!!! I mean, I HAD NO problem just saying God, UNTIL she explained to me WHY! That's what I call watering down and diluting the message, compromising...annnnd YES...also the reason WHY I didn't make it as a Christian in a career of Journalism!!! LOL
.
You wanna know WHY I like to say JESUS, soooo much WHEN I PRAY??? Because, this world is filled with "gods," buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...when I have a problem, when I have a need, when I am afraid, when I need a shelter, when I need a friend, when I'm scared and alone, I DON't just want any ol god, I SAY JESUS!!!
BECAUSE...
I WANT MY GOD!!!
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
(Romans 10:13)