Friday, July 29, 2016

Heritage 2016 (Part 2 Church!)

Okaaaaaaaaay sooooo for this special post about the church services, I just wanted to let you all know that A LOT of these pics are STOLEN, which seems kind of IRONIC, with it being a CHURCH POST!!! LOL Anywayz, thanks to all you all that had pics passed on to me, if you see a pic on here and you think its YOURS, it PROBALBY IS!!! :)))

I won't go over EVERY MESSAGE, just the three that stood out to me THE MOST!!!
1.$3 Worth of God!
2. A Visitation From Your Future
3. First Generation Response

1. $3 Worth Of God

Sooooooooooo the first night, Bro. Dunlap I believe it was preached and amazing message called, $3 Worth of God! He read this poem...

Three Dollars Worth of God

I would like to buy $3 worth of God, please.
Not enough to explode my soul or disturb my sleep,
but just enough to equal a cup of warm milk
or a snooze in the sunshine.
I don’t want enough of God to make me love a black man
or pick beets with a migrant.
I want ecstasy, not transformation.
I want warmth of the womb, not a new birth.
I want a pound of the Eternal in a paper sack.
I would like to buy $3 worth of God, please.

— Wilbur Rees
He was basically just talking about how people want God but NOT enough to actually have to change anything in their life, just enough to ease their conscience and feel good about themselves!
2. A Visitation From Your Future
Brother Nathan Morton preached a message about our future and just trusting in God! I think the thing that he said that stood out to me the most was about how we worry SOOOOO MUCH about our future and what is going to happen, buuuuuuuut IF we'll just stay in God's will, we are literally BOUND to his will and CAN NOT BE SEPERATED FROM IT! So IF we stay in his will, HIS WILL, WILL BE FULFILLED IN OUR LIVES!!! Then at alter call Elder Johnson sang this song...
♫♪Jesus, JESUS, you know what's best for me, lead on, lead on...♫
3. First Generation Response

This message was about NOT losing our response to God over the generations of being Pentecostal! Not to forget where we came from or the awe of this truth that new converts have. To keep that FIRST generation response to God! That message REALLY got me! I was just praying, God help me to love you the way my mom did and to not ever lose that awe of  you! Also, I believe it was this preacher that brought out the point that, YEAH, in this day and age we're fighting battles in this world that our parents NEVER had to fight, BUUUUUUT, he said JUST REMEMBER, your parent's that came into this truth before you, FOUGHT BATTLES FOR YOU, that you'll NEVER HAVE TO FIGHT!!! That was one thing I actually had talked about with my mom before she died, she was telling me, you know Mary, there are things that I wish I had done and taught you guys that I never did and she was telling me, Mary, there are things that you do, BUT its not because I taught them to you! ANd I was like, BUT MOM, there are battles you fought for ME that I'll never have to fight! I HAVE NO IDEA what its like, to GIVE UP WEARING PANTS, I have NEVERRR even had a desire to wear them, to dress immodestly, to cut my hair...MY MOM FOUGHT THE BATTLE AND PAVED THE WAY of HOLINESS FOR ME, NOW I in turn can fight battles preparing the way for those that come after me!!! I don't ever want to lose these things!!!

Annnnnnnnnnnnd here are some pics from the services....ENJOY!!!

I believe below, that's the Tulsa Church Bus driver getting the Holy Ghost!!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT???? God is GOOOOOOD!!!
As you can see in the above pic, Bro. Burgess is waving the arm crutches of a lady that was crippled and healed during the service...
This little girl, Jasmine was her name, came over and just wanted me to pray with her....
Kids praying everywhere!!!

Weeeeeeeeeeellllll the rumor that I heard is that NEXT YEARS church services will be held at the Elegante Hotel...buuuuut I'm NOT for sure on that buuuuut thatll be AWESOME IF IT IS!!! Part three coming soon!!!
♥Mary Frances :)