Tuesday, March 22, 2016

What got my mom in church!!!

I was thinking the other day, about WHAT it was that got my mom in church??? The answer hit me and I was like, WOW!!! It was HER PERSONALITY AND CHARACTER!!! God used those traits to get her to a Pentecostal church!!!
.
How so??? Well, my mom was stubborn, and altho she was no longer going a Catholic church like she had been raised in, she was STILL CATHOLIC!!! She believed the doctrine through and through, she had other reasons for NOT attending church which i'll explain in another post!!! So when her neighbor across the street, Sis. Kathy invited her to church, she said no, over and over again.
.
HOWEVER, this is where God stepped in and used my mom's personality to get her to church. One day, Sis. Kathy and her husband did not have a way of getting to church. Being fairly new converts themselves, they desperately wanted to be in church, so Sis. Kathy went across the street and asked my mom if she would give them a ride to their church. Of course, being the considerate and helpful person that my mom was, she said YES!!!
.
Annnnnnd once they got to the church, they said to my mom, well, now that your here, why don't you just come in...my mom did annnnnnnd from that moment, she NEVER LOOKED BACK!!! God knew that if she just GOT THERE!!! Buuuuuut the thing that stands out to me is this,
EVEN BEFORE MY MOM WAS IN CHURCH,
 SHE WAS BRINGING PEOPLE TO CHURCH!!!

Bringing people to church,
is LITERALLY WHAT
 GOT HER IN CHURCH!!!
.
Bringing people to church is what brought my family to THE TRUTH!!!
Bringing people to church is IN MY BLOOD!!!  
How can I NOT bring people to church, when this is the very thing that brought me to my own salvation! Bringing people to church is NOT my obligation, it's MY BLESSING!!!
.
Thank you MOM,
for being WILLING to bring people to church!!!
I am eternally grateful!!!
♥Mary Frances :)