Wednesday, February 17, 2016

In heaven...

My mommy is in heaven!!! It happened this early this morning at around 4 AM!!! My sis-in-law, Grace was in the room, she works over nights and had a feeling something was going to happen so she asked to get off early to come spend some time with my mom. Grace said that as she was sitting there my mom's breath began to change and her breaths were getting less and less and then she took one big final breath and that was it. There was no struggle, no pain, she just peacefully left this old world behind her. Her favorite song, "Amazing Grace" was playing from the playlist on her phone...
.
Last night, before I went to sleep, I hugged her and told her that I was going to miss her so much but that I was so happy for her and that Jesus was waiting for her and it was ok to go, then I told her that poem from the book, "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as i'm living, my mommy you'll be, and I cried and cried and cried on her, then I sang to her through sobs, In the sweet bye and bye, we shall meet on that beautiful shore...
.
 Then I went to sleep, and the whole time I was sleeping next to my mom in the recliner, holding her hand,  You guys, yesterday I asked God to please, please, PLEASE let me be there with her when she crossed over and he answered my prayer!!!
.
And not only did he answer it, he answered it in just the perfect way because I'm pretty sure I would have just freaked out if I had known she was dying and I couldn't stop it, but even tho I was sleeping, I still got to be there!!!! It means so much to me that I was holding her hand as she stepped into glory land, I will treasure this as long as I live!!!
.

And while my heart is broken in the sense that I already miss her so much, heaven is only sweeter now to me and the longing in my heart just grows stronger...I imagine her now in that great cloud of witnesses, cheering us on, one hand holding out to me, beckoning me to keep going, the other hand shaking a golden tambourine, shouting out like she always did in church,
"hallelujah! hallelujah! hallelujah!!!"
 
♥Mary Frances :)