Thursday, December 17, 2015

FIXED!!!

"My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed:
 I will sing and give praise" (Psalm 57:7) 
What did David mean when he said this?

 I looked up the word fixed in the dictionary. It says;
fastened, attached, or placed so as to be firm and not readily movable; firmly implanted; stationary; rigid.rendered stable or permanent, as color. set or intent upon something; steadily directed: fixed stare.
definitely and permanently placed: fixed buoy; a fixed line of defense.
not fluctuating or varying; definite: fixed purpose.

WOW! When you read the scriptures before this in the Bible you will see that David cried out this prayer to God at a time in his life where he felt like everything was falling apart, yet he was still holding on to God. He was litarally living his life on the run! He was hiding out in a cave from the APPOINTED, CHOSEN, ANNOINTED man of God that had been put over the children of Israel!
.
Can you imagine how David must have felt knowing that THE KING of Israel wanted to take his life?! We know that David didn't like it or understood it, YET he told God, MY HEART IS FIXED!!!
.
There have been times in my life were i just didn't get it!!! I didn't LIKE the things that were going on. Things that in my heart I knew, I KNEW they wern't right! There have been times in my life where I have told God, I'm sooooo confused, I don't understand, I'm unsure of EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING...all I KNOW, is that I LOVE YOU JESUS!!! OH I LOVE YOU JESUS!!!
.
"Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life." (John 6: 67:68)
.
This scripture has been on my mind all day today- I just keep thinking about it. Driving to church I  started crying...I just couldn't help myself. I told God, I HAVE NOTHING outside of you!  I can't imagine EVER leaving! Others may leave, but I won't, I CAN'T, because like Peter said, TO WHOM SHALL I GO???
.
I've had some HARD times this past year. I've hurt, i've cried, I've wondered, I've questions, I've pondered and I've cried SOME MORE!!! Buuuuuuuut even in it all, I've NEVER wanted to leave God!!! NOT because I'm UTLRA spiritual, BUUUUUT BECAUSE I KNOW in my heart, beyond a shadow of a doubt...
.
 Life without God is MEANINGLESS, POINTLESS, WORTHLESS to me. God IS MY LIFE!!! I have NO HOPE except IN HIM!!! I don't understand when people leave God. I just don't get it! I can understand what has made them upset or sad or depressed or confused...buuuuut WHY LEAVE??? You may not like your circumstances, BUUUUUUT you may as well just stick with Him, because we have NOTHING outside of God anyways!!! In Jesus are the words of ETERNAL LIFE!!!.
.
I think that in life, in our walk with God we all come to a place that we have to make up our mind. A time where we stop wondering IF we are gonna make it and JUST decide I AM gonna make it!!! It doesn't mean that we don't have struggles or questions. It doesn't mean that we won't make mistakes or trip. It just means that IF I do fall, I'm gonna get back up!!! I am gonna HOLD on to God NO MATTER what!!!
.
"My heart is fixed..."

FIXED!!! What does it mean??? 
.
fastened, attached, or placed so as to be firm and not readily movable; firmly implanted; stationary; rigid.rendered stable or permanent, as color.set or intent upon something; steadily directed: fixed stare.definitely and permanently placed: fixed buoy; a fixed line of defense.
not fluctuating or varying; definite: fixed purpose.
.

It means even though people have done you wrong, even though you don't understand, even though you don't like your situation, even though your confused, even though your hurting, YOUR GOING TO STICK IT OUT...your gonna keep praising him...Your going to live right...Your gonna KEEP ON, KEEPING ON!!! If you re-wrote the scripture to go with the dictionary definition to make it more clear what David was saying, I think it would go like this-
.
My heart is fastened and attached to you God. It is planted firmly and cannot be moved. It is stable and permanent. My mind is intent on You and steadily directed by You. It is definite, permanent, not changing from moment to moment or by the circumstances around me. My purpose is to praise you God, therefore, I will!!! 
.
My heart is fixed
O God, my heart is fixed:
 I will sing and give praise (Psalm 57:7)
♥Mary Frances :)