Tuesday, November 10, 2015

That awkward moment WHEN...

When your at a big church conference and the preacher preaches against sequins annnnnnnnnnd your purse just HAPPENS to be blinding everyone that day!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You all know what I'm talking about???
.
You don't know IF you should clap or just stay seated???
Your just kind of like, UuuuuuuuuH...
Like, you wanna clap cuz you want to have a good spirit and back up the preacher, buuuuuuuut at the same time you don't want to be a hypocrite and clap for something that you don't even do...buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut at the same time you don't want seem carnal and rebellious by just sitting there, soooooo your just kinda like FROZEN HALFWAY IN BETWEEN A CLAP AND A NOT-CLAP!!! Bahahahahahaha!!!
.
Soooooooo it was SUPER HILARIOUS this year cuz I had shown one of my guy friends, even tho they really had NO DESIRE to see them, all my purses I had brought for conference. To my surprise, he actually said he liked ALL of them, UNTIL, I pulled out my new Vera Wang gold sequined wristlet I had just gotten at the consignment shop! He sees that one and says something along the lines of, I HATE THAT ONE! Its UGLY!!! I was like, WHAAAAAAAAAT???How can you say that, its like, SOOOOOO CUUUUUUTE!!! He's just like, I HATE GLITTER!!! I felt the complete need to CLARIFY him on this because it was NOT glitter...I LOVE GLITTER and happen to think its the best thing EVERRRR, buuuuut this was NOT glitter!!! Sooooooo I told him, its NOT GLITTER, its ACTUALLY SEQUINS! He's like, "Same thing! Sequins are just GROWN UP GLITTER!!!" Okaaaaaaaaaay that cracked me up! Best guy quote EVERRRRR!!!
.
Weeeeeeelllll fast forward to Friday during the day service and one of the preachers hit HARD CORE on SEQUINS...NOT GLITTER...SEQUINS!!! AHAHAHAHAHA!!! Needless to say, I looked across the way and saw him with THE SMUGGEST smile on his face...WOW...AHAHAHAHA...we looked at each other and died laughing!!!! I guess lost that one and it was QUITE HILARIOUS TOO!!! Oh well, I guess I have another Christmas present for MJ!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
.
Anywayz, I was asking ANOTHER guy friend what they thought about when your at a conference and a preacher preaches against something that you do...are you supposed to just line up every one of your standards to what is preached at that conference? And he had some really wise words that I wanted to share with you all. He said that you have to remember that the preacher at the conference is NOT your pastor and you need to remember that. So UNLESS God gives you a TRUE CONVICTION from that preaching, you just take THE SPIRIT OF THE MESSAGE and apply that to your life. At the same time don't have a bad attitude about it if they preach against something that you and your church do. There is NO NEED to be snarky, and all like, "Weeeeeeellll at my church we do...blah, blah, blah!" Be respectful and pray about the matter in case it is something that God wants you to CHANGE or at least be careful about!!!!
.
Buuuuuuuuuuuuut really, WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO??? Clap anyway? Stay seated? Or do the half clap, half NOT clap???? AHAHAHA!!!
♥Mary Frances :)