Wednesday, August 12, 2015

My secret!!!

Tonight this boy came to Wednesday Bible school for the first time. He is 13-years-old and from a Muslim family that migrated over from the middle east. The first time I met him, I was with his younger sister at their apartmen and she called him over from the playground, I said, "Hi! I'm Mary! And he said very politely, "YES, I know who you are!" I'm like, YOU DO??? He's like, "YES, ALL THE KIDS AROUND HERE TALK ABOUT YOU!!!" I'm like, REALLY??? He's like, "YES! What is your secret that they all like  you???"
I'm like, weeeeeeeeeellllllll...I don't really know...BROWNIES??? AHAHAHA!!!
.
Buuuuuuut REALLY was thinking about it...I don't buy them things like the people from the mega churches do, I mean, candy and a hamburger here and there buuuut NOTHING big, like the church that gives them all bikes for Christmas, or take them shopping for clothes, I don't have the smoke lights at my church and a dance club to offer them...the only thing I really got is GOOD cookies and brownies I make and bring them on Tuesdays, buuuuuuuuuuuut other than that,
THE ONLY THING
 I HAVE IS LOVE!!!
Love, love, LOVE...that's all I've got!!! 
MY SECRET IS LOVE!!! God blessed me with a really big heart and an overflowing ability to love. Never doubt the worth of your love to someone that really needs it! They not act like it, they may not respond when you say that you love them, buuuuuut don't be fooled. They TREASURE LOVE!!!
.
They may choose to go to a mega church for a party or some fancy new gadget, buuuuut ten years from now, when the parties have crashed and all the electronic toys have broken, it won't be those things that they remember, it will be YOUR LOVE!!!
NEVER DOUBT THE VALUE OF YOUR LOVE!!!
God, please love THEM, through ME!!!
There is someone waiting for it today...
GO LOVE THEM!!! 
♥Mary Frances :)