Thursday, July 30, 2015

The Poorest Little boy in the world!!!

Earlier this summer I was baby sitting a little boy. A little boy that lives in a really nice house, toys, computers, books, his closet is full of clothes, he can get food to eat at any time he wants from the pantry or the fridge, he's got pets, he's involved in sports and clubs at school, he's got parents that love and take care of him, they've already started saving for his college fund, his parent's may not be rich, but they are very well off and when it comes down to it, he really has everything a little boy could ever ask for.
 
However, one day while I was baby sitting him we some how got on the subject of Easter. He was telling me all the candy and eggs that they found, THEN he said to me, "Why do we celebrate Easter anyways?" So I was like, oh THE real reason we celebrate Easter is to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus, because he rose from the dead. And when I said that he just looked at me blankly, and I realized that he had absolutely NO CLUE what I was talking about. My heart tightened as I realized, he DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHO JESUS IS!!! It just echoed through my mind over and over and over again, He doesn't even know who Jesus is! He doesn't even know who Jesus is! He doesn't even know who Jesus is! He doesn't even know who Jesus is! He doesn't even know who Jesus is!
.
When it comes to material things, he may have it all, buuuuut in that moment, to me, he had NOTHING!!! The poorest little boy in the world doesn't just live in Africa, or Mexico or the Philippines or on the streets, wondering around, digging through the trash to find something to eat, The poorest little boy in the world is the one that doesn't know WHO Jesus is!!! The poorest people aren't the ones that don't know when they're going to eat next, its not the ones living in huts or the ones standing in the welfare line, IT'S ANYONE THAT DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHO JESUS IS!!!
.
I found myself later on that night crying as I thought about it, I can't believe it, I can't BELIEVE that he doesn't even know who Jesus is!!! And then I thought, I've got to teach him, before this job is over, I've got to let him know, I've got to some way, some how, TELL HIM WHO JESUS IS!!! And this little boy is just one of MANY, MANY, MANY people, that don't know who Jesus is. I remember one time in a college class, a teacher made reference for something to the story of Adam and Eve and the girl sitting next to me was like, Who are they?
.
I remember feeling so SHOCKED!!! I mean, you may not be going to church or living for God, buuuuut this is THE FIRST STORY in the Bible, I thought EVERYONE HAD HEARD IT!!! Buuuut she was so clueless, she had absolutely no idea at all what they were talking about!!! We've go to tell them! We have to let them know about Jesus! We have to let them know about a Savior! We have to let them know that there is a better way, that someone loved them so much he died for them.
.
 They don't even know, they don't even know who Jesus is!!! They're soooo poor!!! Some of them know they are poor, they know they're poor, buuuut if they could just get a hold of Jesus, they could be rich!! Yet, they're are some, walking around with diamonds on their fingers and pearls around they're neck, they think they are so rich, buuuut really they have nothing!!! We've got to tell them!
.
We can't let them stay in this poverty stricken way! We've got to spread this gospel message! We have to share our riches with them!!! There are soooo many poor, destitute, spiritually-poverty stricken people in this world!!! We have to go, we have to tell them! The poorest little boy in the world is waiting hungrily, holding out his hand desperately for something to eat! He's thirsting for something to drink!
.
Who will feed him??? Who will tell him about JESUS??? 
 Who will tell him about the well that will NEVER run dry??
Who will share with him the bread of life???
Let's GO!!!
.
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." (Mark 16:15)
.
♥Mary Frances :)