Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Jay Walking!!!

Have you ever been jay walking? I'm NOT gonna lie...SOMETIMES I jay walk!!! Yeah, I know its ILLEGAL buuuuuuuut sometimes it seems like its JUST EASIER to run as fast as you can across the street instead of WALKIN to the crosswalk!!! LOL Buuuuuuuuuuut WHENEVER I do happen to jay walk...I RUN!!!
.
The other day I was driving and this lady is just taking a stroll through the middle of the intersection! NOT EVEN RUNNING!!! Just taking a leisurely stroll through all the cars and was ACTUALLY like glaring at some of the cars like THEY were in the wrong for driving to closely to her during her walk!!! Her casualness about it really astounded me!!! She was of course on the phone the whole time and at one point she even through her head back in laughter over the converasation. I was like ummmm... HELLOOOOOOOO!!! I mean yeah i'm NOT perfect, I jay walk sometimes buuuut...run SISTA...RUN!!!!
.
It got to thinking about how sometimes in life, we SPIRITUALLY JAY WALK!!! We live our lives on the edge, knowing that we're not really on track, buuuuut HOPING that we'll make it  without getting hurt. There has been a few times in my life that I have been spiritually jay walking. I struggled for a while with watching television and other things...I wasn't backslidden...JUST STRUGGLING to overcome stuff.
.
Buuuuuuut i've noticed a lot recently that there are people that are spiritually jay walking...buuuuut they're SOOOOOOOOOOO CASUAL about it!!! Its like their just strolling through life, living on the edge, living sooooo close to the world and saying, WHAT are you gonna do about it??? I DARE YOU TO SAY I'M WRONG!!! People that I grew up with, doing things that we were TAUGHT WERE WRONG!!! And people say, weeeeellll the church I go to NOW allows it!!! So your WHOLE LIFE, you NEVER really got it in your heart??? DO YOU NOT HAVE ANY PERSONAL CONVICTIONS??? If the WHOLE church jumps off a cliff...you gonna jump???
.
People watching TV shows and NOT EVEN CARING that anyone knows!!! The Gilmore girls... a "good girl" talking about watching THAT show...right after talking about praise singing at church that night! I'm like, I DON'T GET IT!!!! I know THAT SHOW!!! ITS NOT A GOOD SHOW!!! Your saying, OH MARY, soooo YOU WATCHED IT??? YES I DID!!! Buuuuut you know what??? I felt guilt about it!!! I was ASHAMED!!! I couldn't quite lift my hands the way I wanted to in church...my heart was heavy...I knew that what I was doing was WRONG and I didn't try and condone it and say it was OK!!! EVEN IN MY WRONG...I STILL HAD A CONVICTION!!! I HAD SOME FEAR IN MY HEART!!!
.
HOW IN THE WORLD, CAN AN APOSTOLIC, PENTECOSTAL, HOLY GHOST FILLED saint of God, feel like it is OK to watch VAMPIRE DIARIES??? To write about ZOMBIES??? To idolize MARYLYN MONROE??? The Bible says to HATE EVIL!!!
"You that love the LORD, hate evil..."(Psalm 97:10) 
"...Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good."(Romans 12:9) 
"The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogance, and the evil way, and the perverse mouth, do I hate." (Proverbs 8:1)
.
We NEED to have the FEAR of THE LORD IN US!!! Ya know, when I jay walk, I feel a little nervous, I gotta run...I don't want NO CARS TO HIT ME!!! You know, if your jay walking, you may make it to the other side without getting hurt, BUUUUT there is a CHANCE that your gonna get hit...buuuuut IF your CASUALLY strolling across the street when you jay walk, there is a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY GOOD CHANCE THAT YOU WILL GET HIT!!!  When we see ourselves slipping, we need to have some FEAR IN US!!! Don't push away that conviction. Don't be casual about your wrong-doing!!! The Bible says, "...the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance..." (Romans 2:4)
.
You also need to get a fear in your heart for YOUR CHILDREN!!! Its one thing when you see adults strolling across the intersection, buuuuuut when they start taking they're kids with them its like COME ON!!! Your gonna risk your child's life too??? Buuuuut how many people are risking their child's life as well as they casually, spiritually jay walk through life?!
.
Let God CONVICT YOUR HEART!!! Don't become immuned to conviction!!! When your doing wrong, don't casually, PET YOUR SIN and say awwww its OK!!! Its NOT OK!!! We're NOT gonna get to heaven taking a leasurley stroll through carnality!!! Have some FEAR IN YOUR HEART!!!
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge...
 but fools despise wisdom and instruction."
 (Proverbs 1:7)
♥Mary Frances :)