Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I'm NOT lucky!!!

I've been noticing A LOT lately that people are saying Good luck or we're sooooo lucky...annnnd I don't know about you all, buuuuuuut I remember a few times as a child being told that we do NOT say LUCK!!!  Luck is NOT of God!!! I looked up luck in the dictionary and this is what it says... 

Definition of LUCK : a force that brings good fortune or adversity b: the events or circumstances that operate for or against an individual : favoring chance; also: success <had great luck growing orchids> In the definition, it clearly states that LUCK comes from a FORCE...this is the Definition of FORCE used in this context:   (1): strength or energy exerted or brought to bear : cause of motion or change : active power <the forces of nature>

.

I believe that ANYTHING that is supernatural, that is a force or power, IF it is NOT of GOD, than it has to be of THE DEVIL!!! There are NO in betweens!!! From the very beginning, Lucifer has been trying to steal God's glory! Satan is STILL trying to creep in and steal the credit from God!!! Now he is trying to  sneak in the word LUCK into all our vocabulary!!!
.
And this is NOT directed at anyone imparticular, cuz I have heard NOT one but sooooo many people using this word lately!!! Talking about church and God..."We are soooo lucky!" "I was lucky to grow in the truth!" Or good luck with your endeavors...annnd I I've found myself on many occasions ABOUT to say it and then I tell myself, NO MARY!!! Don't do it!!!
.
BUUUUUUUUUUUUT...I don't want to fall into that pattern anymore... I thought what are ways that we can learn to TAKE this word out of our vocabulary??? Instead of luck ALWAYS say BLESSED...I was BLESSED to grow up in church!!! Instead of saying something like, well luckily, no one was hurt in the accident, say THANKFULLY, no one was hurt in the accident! Instead of saying, good luck on your test, say, GOD BLESS YOU on your test!!!
.
Don't let yourself fall into that sneaky trick of the devil!!! When Good things happen to us, when we are blessed, Lets GIVE GOD THE GLORY!!!
 It's NOT LUCK...it's GOD!!!
I'm NOT LUCKY, I'M BLESSED!!!
"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father..." (James 1:17)
 
♥Mary Frances :)