Wednesday, January 30, 2013

High heeled determination!!!

So there is a new young person going to our church, she got the Holy Ghost at Conqueror's Conference this past December. Now this girl, if you haven't met her, she is HILIARIOUS!!! She is loud, bright and loves to stand out! Well, when she came back from Conqueror's Conference, she showed up to youth service the next Wednesday with these AWESOME heels!!! They are sparkly, with platforms in the front and DANGEROUSLY HIGH heels!!!! Omw...they are soooooo HIGH annnnnnnnd SOOOOOOOOO HER!!!
Check them out!!!
Buuuuuuuut the HILARIOUS part was seeing her TRY to walk in them!!! She could hardly even stand with out losing her balance. It was TOTALLY cracking me up!!! And during song service she kept losing her balance and she would reach out to hold on to me to steady herself, buuuuut that didn't help much cuz i'm ALWAYS moving during the singing!!! She was like GIRL, would you STOP moving so I don't lose my balance?! And I'm just like GIRRRRL if your trying to keep your balance I am the WRONG person to be holding on to!!! HAHAHA!!! (I Trip in FLATS! REMEMBER HERE???)
.
Sooooo she was having SOOOOO much trouble walking in these heels that I figured this was THE LAST time I would everrrrr be seeing her wear them!!! i mean it makes sense, you can't walk in heels, GIVE UP, RIGHT??? 
.
WRONG!!! The NEXT service, that girl showed up with her dangerously high heels on AGAIN!!!   I was like WHAT in the world is this girl thinking???  I was like YOUR STILL WEARING THOSE SHOES!!! She was like, YES I AM!!! Sometimes she would trip and start to fall in them and you know what she would do when that happened??? She just LAUGHS!!! Together we just laugh and she steadies herself and gets back up!!! Annnnnnd she just kept showing up to EVERY single service with those heels on!!! 
.
I was like MAN, you are REALLY determined to wear those shoes!!! Buuuuut you know what?! i noticed something the other day, she is getting BETTER at walking in those heels!!! Yeah she still has her moments where she loses her balance and occasionally she trips, buuuuut for the most part she can walk in them JUST FINE now!!!
.
I told her the other day, I've noticed that your walking pretty good in your heels now! And she was like, Oh thank you!!! I was like annnnnnnd you know what?! She was like WHAT?! I was like, its because you were DETERMINED to learn how to walk in them! I told her ANNNND IF you will be as determined to LIVE FOR GOD, as you are about wearing those shoes, YOUR GONNA MAKE IT!!!
.
Think about it...Some of us need to get some DETERMINATION in us!!! I'm GONNA MAKE IT!!! I'm GOING TO LIVE FOR GOD!!! It does NOT matter what comes my way...I'm gonna make it!!! And just like when she was trying to keep her balance by holding on to me and it wasn't working out to well... Some times there are people in our lives that we need to let go of, that we need to separate ourselves from, because they're NOT steady!!! They're not grounded!!! If we hold on to them, their imbalance will only make us more unsteady and can even bring us down! "Do not be deceived: Bad company corrupts good morals.” (1 Corinthians 15:33)
.
You CAN make it living for God!!! New Convert, young people, whoever you are, the world may tell you your NOT gonna make it! BUUUUUUT YOU CAN MAKE IT!!! There may be people in your life that are just WAITING to see you give up! They'll see you and say, WHAT? Your STILL going to church?! I thought you would have given up by now! The devil will tell you, You can't make it! Look at you! Look at your history! Look at your family! Look at your environment!!! You  can't change you can't be different! You don't have a good home...you don't have ANYTHING like those other people at your church, there is NO WAY you can make it!!!
.
Think about it, if my friend had just given up the first time she wore her heels, she NEVER would have learned how to walk in them, buuuuut because she didn't give up, she can now walk in them! Thats the way it is living for God! We LEARN how to live for Him, the longer we live for him! Everyday, we grow a little stronger in the Lord! You may not think your as good as everyone else at your church, but you just keep on TRYING!!!"... until Christ be formed in you..." (Galations 4:19) 
.
We've gotta get a high-heeled determination in us!!! I'm going to make it!!! I Don't care what people may say!!! My past has been covered my the blood of Jesus and I'm moving forward!!!  I don't care what everyone else is doing! I don't care about what is going on around me!!! I'm not going to make excuses for myself...I'M GOING TO LIVE FOR GOD!!! Yeah, there may be times where I feel unsteady, and there may be times where maybe I even fall...buuuut you know what, IF I do trip, IF I do fall, I'm just GONNA laugh in the devils face and say, Your NOT gonna keep me down! You may have tripped me with your tricks, buuuuut I'm just going to get back up!!! "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?" (Romans 8:35)
.
NOTHING IS GOING TO STOP ME!!!
 I'm GONNA MAKE IT!!! 

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39)
♥Mary Frances :)