Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Reflection...

I saw a homeless man on the street the other day, standing on the corner of the street begging for money. Usually, most of the time, I just blow on by, but that day, I had to stop and give him a dollar. It wasn't anything imparticular about him that stood out to me and NO i have NO idea what he was REALLY going to do with my money, buuuuuut my mind was on a loved one that day. A loved one that God delivered from a life on the streets...a life of homelessness and drug addiction...but in a moment of weakness that loved one left the fold and now I just can't help but think you never know what God can do. So I pray for him and pray for them AND YOU my friend that I love so dearly, YOU are the reason I bother to stop and give that homeless man a dollar. 
.
I see a prostitute out on the street, others look at her in disgust! They turn up their nose and they sneer, but something in my heart just tugs I want to stop and give her a hug...to tell her that there IS hope and a better way... Because another person comes to my mind another person that I love so dearly, fallen away from God,  trapped in a life of poverty, sin and selling herself away. And YOU my loved one YOU are the reason I don't sneer and turn up my nose!
.
I see that young pregnant teen, stuck between childhood and adulthood, trying to balance two worlds. Its her own fault, thats what people say, take that baby away from her, she doesn't deserve it...and I can't help but feel so torn... because I think of ANOTHER young teen mom...I rock her baby in my arms and I can't help but cry cuz I remember when I used to rock her in my arms too...I love that baby...but I LOVE that babies mommy and SHE, she IS the reason WHY...I keep on trying...why I keep on praying...WHY I keep on loving!
.
A homeless man, a prostitute, a pregnant teen, a drug addict...when I see them I see people that I love...buuuuut...MORE than anything else, there is ANOTHER reason WHY I take the time with them. ITs because when I see them, when I look into the hopelessness in their eyes, I'm not just reminded of the people I love, its like I see a mirror, a reflection of MYSELF, without God! Without God, they all could have been ME!!! Without God, I just don't know where I would be!!! I want to reach them, because IF it were me, I would hope that SOMEONE would take the time to have reached ME!!! 
.
Can you see it? Can you see the shadow of the cross covering over what the devil had planned for you? Can you see the blood of JESUS, blotting out the devils script? We're NOT so far off, we're NOT so much better...we would have been RIGHT THERE...were it NOT for God's saving grace! Look closely next time, look into their eyes...you JUST might be able to see your own reflection covered by the blood of Jesus!!! Its the reflection of Grace! Its the reflection of Mercy!!!
 Its the reflection of REDEMPTION!!!
.
"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified,
but ye are justified

in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
♥Mary Frances :)