Thursday, August 2, 2012

I'm single and I know it! (Part 4)

Todays word of advice for singles to remember:
God don't need YOUR HELP!!!
.
Let me tell you all something...God don't need your help in providing you with a spouse!!! I hear people saying all the time, "Oh I'm NOT going to that conference/camp, theres NO ONE THERE...Nobody goes to THAT  conference anymore...blah, blah!!! You may think there is NO ONE IN SIGHT...buuuuut your NOT GOD!!!
.
 With God you can trust him two ways, the way Abraham and Sarah did, God gave them a promise of a child, buuuut when they didn't see it come to pass they decided to take things into their own hands and "HELP GOD!" and in the process of "HELPING GOD" they made a HUUUUUGE mess of things. Did God still fulfill his promise to them??? YES!!! Because, WHEN GOD GIVES YOU A PROMISE...you better believe that it is going to come to pass!!!! BUUUUUT...in the process of God fulfilling the promise to them, they took things into their own hands and made a HUGE mess that continued with them, before AND AFTER the fulfilment of God's promise. God DOESN'T NEED OUR HELP!!!
.
OR You can be like Elijah!!!
Elijah had a word from God and he wanted to prove who God was, by calling FIRE down from heaven to the alter, and he had SOOOO MUCH FAITH in God, listen to what he did...
.
"And he put the wood in order, and cut the bullock in pieces, and laid him on the wood, and said, Fill four barrels with water, and pour it on the burnt sacrifice, and on the wood. And he said, Do it the second time. And they did it the second time. And he said, Do it the third time. And they did it the third time. And the water ran round about the altar; and he filled the trench also with water. And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word. Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again. Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench. And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God." (1 Kings 18:33-39)
.
  Elijah KNEW who God was and he had NO doubt in his mind that God was going to fulfill his request of fire! Not only did Elijah give God the glory BEFORE the miracle, he had soooo much faith in God he was willing to pour WATER on the alter!!! When GOD GIVES YOU A PROMISE, i'm tellin you all, you can pour some water on your situation and GOD IS STILL GONNA FULFILL THAT PROMISE!!!
.
I recently was in a situation, where adoption of a baby from one of my Sunday School students might happen and in the end, really it could still happen if she doesn't turn her life around. However, when it was being talked about a lot of people were like, Now Mary, you do know, that this is going to change your WHOLE LIFE annnnnd...loooong pause...annnnd...being able to find a husband even HARDER!!! There aren't a lot of men on the market that are looking for a ready made family and then there was always the, and PLUS its a BLACK BABY, you know Mary, thats going to make it EVEN HARDER for you!!!
.
Annnnd I was thinking about it and one by one all the guys I saw on my lists of interests were just kind of dropping off like dead flys and I started to think OH maybe i just shouldn't even consdier it,  AND THEN...I was like wait, WAIT, WAAAAIIIT...Its going to make me getting married EVEN HARDER??? Harder for WHO??? FOR MAN??? OR FOR GOD???? Ooooo yeah ANSWER THAT QUESTION!!! Because MY BIBLE says that there is NOTHING too hard for GOD!!!
.
Yes, adopting a child is a big, HUGE decision that must be done in careful consideration and PRAYER...BUUUUUUT... ain't NO WAY I'm going to, NOT DO IT, because of some guy, that doesn't even talk to me,  MIGHT NOT MARRY ME!!! I mean really, the guys ain't exactley KNOCKING my door down right now ANYWAYZ, so why live my life around them and what I think they would want. I'm going to live my life centered around GOD and WHATEVER it is He has for me to do next.I can do that and NOT even have to worry about weather or NOT its going to lessen my options for marriage. Because WITH GOD, you don't have to be afriad of some water getting on your situation, its NOT going to make it any harder for God
.
Most of you reading this are probabley thinking ok, a situation like adopting a child isn't even a thought in my mind. Let me put it like this for you all, you can miss a few youth conferences if you have to, and GOD will still provide you with a spouse!!! You can go to the SMALLER camp, where there are NO available guys/girls, but you can focus more on God, and HE WILL STILL PROVIDE you with a spouse!!! You can clear out all the "Just friends that happen to be the opposite gender" on your phone and email list, AND GOD will still provide you with a spouse! You can keep going to the smaller church where your the ONLY single person there, AND GOD WILL STILL PROVIDE you with a spouse. You can get off the social networking sites that your always meeting new people and God will STILL provide you with a spouse!"
.
We think we need to HELP GOD, by doing all these extra things to HELP him, get us a spouse...buuuuuut God don't need our help!!!
Because WITH GOD...
you can put some water down on the alter
Photo: Mary & her lil Hersey's kiss :) http://instagr.am/p/Mm9jFpruxo/
 and HIS FIRE, is STILL gonna consume the sacrifice!!!
"Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench."
To be continued... Thanks for all the comments...keep em coming!;)
♥Mary Frances :)