Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mary's Mmm...Mmm...Goooood Apple Pie!!!

Soooooo I don't want to like brag to you all...okaaaaaay ACTUALLLY...maybe I do!!! ;) I just want to tell you all that I make the MOST AMAZIN Apple pie EVERRRR!!!

YOU WANNA KNOW JUST HOW GOOD MY APPLE PIE IS???
$100.00
GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!
Seriousley, you don't believe me??? After teachin Kim how to make it, her and I got HIRED to make nine apple pies for a pastor!!! NOW that alone for me WAS enough payment...KNOWIN that it was good enough that I could BRAG to EVERYONE about HOW good it was that a pastor asked me to make NINE of them...THAT WAS PAYMENT ENOUGH!!!!!!!
.
Howeverrrr, it gets BETTTTER cuz that pastor then, after ALREADY BUYIN ALLLL the ingredients, HE THEN payed Kim and I EACH $100.00 for makin the pies...Soooo if we did the math right...Kim and I figured it out to be around $22 per a pie!!! WOW!!! THATS EXPENSIVE....
BEAT THAT MARIE CALENDERS!!!
Now I could be STINGY and NOT share my recipe with you all...seeing that I'm single and trying to get a husband I MIGHT just want to keep this AMAZIN recipe from ALL the other single girlZ...BUT NO...out of the kindness, generosity of my wonderful, giving, sharing, humble, beautiful lil O heart...I would like to share it with you all!!! ENJOY!!! :)))

WHAT YOU NEED!!!

1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
1 teaspoon of nutmeg, to taste
apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced, (Kim and I like to dice them real small like and we mix up red and green apples to get a sweet and tangy taste)
-   Crystal Sugar, for sprinkling
-    Just some butter
- Pie crust (Either make your own or buy it pre-made and rolled out...thats what I do right NOW cuz of my HCG diet I can't get any oil in my skin or else it absorbs it and you gain weight!!! But I do LOVE makin and kneadin dough...I just can't do it right now...soooo some time I can share the recipe for that with you for NOW I'm just gonna say PILLSBURY!!! LOL;)
WHAT YOU DO!!!
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Mix together the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and apples in a bowl. Put all of your mixture in the pan with the bottom crust. Dollop the top with sum chunks of butter (4-6) then put the top crust on and using a fork or your fingers make the two go together...
THEN my goal is that NOT just the inside of my pie tastes GOOOOOOOOOD but EVERY part of my pie!!! Soooo what I do is melt in a bowl some butter, then I add 1/2 tspn of cinnamon, mix it together, then with a pastry brush, I brush it on top...THEN just for one last added touch I sprinkle some more sugar on top!!!
Bake at 450 for 35-40 minutes!!! Tastes best warm with cool whip OR Ice cream...mmmm!!!
OH and when you make this pie...MAKE SURE you have a pan underneath cuz...my pie is not nice and neat!!! Its kinda like me...
A big mess of absolute
SWEET and JUICY
DELICIOUSNESS!!! ;)


♥Mary Frances :)