Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Apostolic Jr. Camp 2011

What can i say besides...ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! The ten year anniversary of this camp was AWESOME!!! The preachers were, Bro. Rowell Jr. Bro. Rowell SR. Bro. Foster Sr. Bro. Foster Jr. Bishop Abbott, and Bro. Lukenbaugh!!! One of the things that I REALLY like about this camp is that they don't try and entertain the kids with fancy shmancey stuff!!! They JUST PREACH THE WORD and the kids respond!!! Which makes sense BECAUSE thats what the Bible says to do!!!
(1 Corinthians 1:18) For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

(Romans 10:13-15) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
 Thank you to Bro. Jerry Rowell Jr. for makin this camp happen!!! I wonder JUST HOW MANY KIDS have recieved the Holy Ghost in the past ten years?!?!? I went to this camp for the kids but i honestly got such a blessing from God!!!

One night I ran so much around the buildin worshippin God I all off the sudden realized...OMW I'm like out of breath!!! I don't think I have run that hard since runnin the mile in highschool!!! I've only been a counselor one year...THAT WAS ENOUGH...HAHA!!! Sheree Cleveland, Denae Abbott & Danielle Connor cured me of ever desiring to be one again...HAHA!!! Oooo and I think I had the ONE girl in my room that LOVED bugs(LORD HELP ME!!!) Sooo all the other girls are SCREAMIN cuz there is a moth and then I get the nerve to kill it sooo they will shut up AND the bug lovr girl starts CRYIN cuz it died!!! Like seriousley??? where is the Tylenol PM???

AnywayZ, one of my favorite parts of the camp this year was when Jac challenged the kids to beat her at singing I am a One God in like 15 seconds and then Bro. Rowell did it in ten...HAHAHA!!! Good ol Bro. Rowell!! Always up and ready for a challenge!!!









When Bro. Abbott came over to pray with Scarlett it brought back sooo many memories!!! I still remember him praying me through to the Holy Ghost when I was six years old!!! He is such and AMAZING alter worker!!! He isn't loud and in your face, he doesn't knock you over when he lays hands on you. He just talks to you gently and matter of factly!!! Then on the last night, Bro. Jerry Rowell Jr. stood up and he said he still remembers HIS FIRST Jr. Camp...GUESS WHO PRAYED him through to the Holy Ghost??? Thats right BISHOP ABBOTT!!! I wonder just HOW MANY people he has prayed through to the Holy Ghost???

For me that was the best part of the WHOLE CAMP!!! The alter calls!!! Thats why I like to go...to PRAY WITH THE KIDS!!! I'm tellin you, there is NOTHING more amaZing than being a part of someone recieving the Holy Ghost!!! ITS AWESOME!!!!
Go HERE to see ALL my pics!!!