Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What Jesus Died from...


I remember when one of the African girls that I love VERY dearly was living with me. She opened up to me and began telling me about the things that went on in their lives. Horrible, immoral sin corrupting them even at an early childhood age. Things that shocked me and would shock anyone if I told them. I was absolutely horrified!!! DEVESTATED!!!

I remember just sitting there feeling sooo dirty. I felt filthy and currupted and more than anything I felt sooo sad! Then I got to thinking about Jesus...I wonder how HE FELT takin on ALL the sins of the world?!?! I mean if I, WHO IS A SINNER, felt horrible hearing about this sin HOW did Jesus who is perfectly pure and without sin, feel taking on ALL the sin of the WHOLE WORLD?!?!?! I can't even imagine!!!

I think Seth Cleveland, a young man from my church summed it up best in his preaching this past week. He said that Jesus didn't die the normal suffocating death of someone that was crucified, JESUS died of from a BROKEN HEART!!! (AND we are THE ONES that broke it)

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (2Corinthians 5:21)