Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Not EVERYONE...

NOT everyone ...
Can mess up the world's easiest recipe of no-bake cookies!!!
BUT...
I CAN!!!

EVERYONE says, MARY, how can you MESS up NO BAKE COOKIES???
Weeeeeelllllll...you see what happened is that I got a BIG head!!! I LOVE THESE COOKIES!!! They are like SOOOOOOOO goOoOoOoOd!!! I was thinkin okaaaaaaaaay i'm such an AWESOME baker i'm totally gonna ROCK this EASY recipe!!! Sooooo you know what I did??? I didn't read the DIRECTIONS!!!! LOL! When I was all done and could NOT figure out WHY my cookies wern't stickin together...I thought...hmmmm what do the directions say??? LOL!!! It said to bring the chocolate to A BOIL!!! Oooooops...i just let it melt!!!!



Heres what they are SUPPOSED to look like...

Ingredients
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
1.In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool until hardened. ["Start timing when mixture reaches a full rolling boil; this is the trick to successful cookies. If you boil too long the cookies will be dry and crumbly. If you don't boil long enough, the cookies won't form properly."] <-----Really THEY WON'T!!! I KNOW!!! Bahaha!!!

I'm gonna try it again for the Single girl's cookie exchange this Monday!!! THIS TIME i'm gonna read the SIMPLE directions!!! :)
Remember!!!
No task is ever to small that can't be done WRONG!!!!
(Fortune Cookie quote)
 
READ THE DIRECTIONS!!!
READ THE DIRECTIONS!!!
FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!!!
FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!!!
 
Its kinda the same way in life! None of us are SOOOO great of a Christian that we can just go our own way! We gotta FOLLOW God's directions!!! PRAY! Read your Bible AND GO TO CHURCH!!!