Thursday, December 9, 2010

Yard Sale Blessing!!!!

Soooooo a couple of weekends ago, I was having me a good old yard sale...only problem was that I was not really getting any customers!!! It was like 9:30 and I had only made like 6 bucks...I was getting like really bummed!!!!! So this man comes and sees a pair of little girl shoes that were MJ's that I was selling for 1 buck...so he decides this is an AWESOME deal, pulls out his wallet and hands me a five and starts walkin away. I start to give him his change but he just keeps walkin. I'm like, um sir, he's like, it was a dollar right? So i'm like yeah and he just keeps walking and I REALIZE, he doesn't know that he gave me a five. So i'm thinkin...WOOOHOOOO! Four extra bucks!!! Oh yeah, oh yeah!!! Can I get a woot, woot?!?!!? But before I can even get my money bag zipped with the extra four bucks, I knew what I had to do!!! The Jesus in me REFUSED to be silent and keep the extra five.
.
Next thing I know i'm like, uh, ummm sir, you actually gave me a five and then I handed him his correct change. His eyes got all wide and he was just like, THANK YOU!!! and I knew I had done the RIGHT thing, and I kinda expected to get that warm fuzzy feelin, BUT i didn't. I actually felt kinda stupid!!! I'm NOT gonna deny the fact that even as he was walking away i'm thinkin to myself, MAN! That was four bucks Mary! Four bucks! You coulda had FOUR EXTRA BUCKS! What was I thinkin?!?! Then i'm just like, Oh well, God knows I did the RIGHT thing even if i'm like TOTALLY regrettin it at the moment. Then I didn't have time to think about it anymore. The next thing I know my yard sale got sooo busy I forgot about the whole thing until the end of the day, I sat there counting my money...$120.00...i'm like WOW!!! How did this happen?! I ain't been sellin NOTHING but junk all day long!!! Then I remembered...

 FOUR EXTRA BUCKS! What was I thinkin?!?! Then i'm just like, Oh well, God knows I did the RIGHT thing even if i'm like TOTALLY regrettin it at the moment. Then I didn't have time to think about it anymore... my yard sale got sooo busy...

My yard sale had gotten sooo busy, RIGHT after I did the right thing. The next day it was the same way. Altogether I made about $250.00 off of TOTAL junk!!! At the end of the day my family was lookin at my yard sale and they were like, did you even make anything? I told them how much and they were just like, WHAT??? You still have a FULL yard sale of stuff!!! WHAT did you sell?!?!?! I'm like, Idk, but I been sellin stuff!!! HAHA! I REALLY believe that God blessed me because of my honesty!

Since that time, God has blessed me from being shortchanged twice!!! Once at WCC last month. I was paying my bill at Hometown buffet, I gave the lady a $100 and she counted back to me $90.00. I NEVER recount the money when I get it back, ESPECIALLY since this lady had LITERALLY just counted it back to me...I know I should...BUT I NEVER do!!! So i'm about to just put it back in my purse and for some reason I count it and its ONLY 80. NOW i'm really bad at math so I think, maybe I'm wrong so I count it again and again...No its ONLY 80! So I even ask my brother, I'm like, it should be 90 right? he is like UH YEAH!!! LOL! So I go back and I HONESTLY think that the lady had shortchanged me on purpose cuz she is like, SOOOO NICE to me and did NOT question it at all...which I've been a cashier before so I know your supposed to count your drawer and see if your over...she just hands me over a ten...i'm like...uh yeah RIGHT!! LOL! BUT I thanked God IMMEDIATELY for showing that to me!

Then this past week on our way outta town we stop at QT for drinks. I am paying for my drink and I hand the cashier a $50.00, he hands me back my change, counts it back to me, I'm not EVEN paying attention, I just shove the money in my purse, smiling the whole time, saying goodbye to the dude and he is just like STARING at me with this puzzled look on his face. He just keeps staring and i'm just like, okaaaaaay and start walkin away he is like, WAIT, what did you hand me when you paid? I'm like, a FIFTY! He gets this look of horror on his face and he is just like, I ONLY gave you change for a twenty!!! I'm like, OH!!! He is like, I SHORTCHANGED you! I am sooo sorry! and he gives me my correct change. I am like, OH thank you soooooo much!!! Then being the BRILLIANT person that I am, I don't even count the change, I just put it in my purse and walk out the door!!! My brother is just shakin his head at me and my stupidity...he could have ripped you off and you woulda been totally clueless!!! Its true, but I THANK GOD that he looks out for me!

At the time of my yard sale being honest with that man seemed STUPID!!! Sometimes doing the right thing just doesn't feel SMART!!! But in God's eyes, doing what is right is more important than anything else. God has out blessed me so many times over that little four dollars that I gave back, it really has payed off! It may seem smarter to be deceitful, but it is wiser to be honest.
.

He that walketh uprightly walketh surely: but he that perverteth his ways shall be known. (Proverbs10:9)
.
The wicked worketh a deceitful work: but to him that soweth righteousness shall be a sure reward. (Proverbs 11:18)

.

Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues without right.

(Proverbs 16:8)
.

A just weight and balance are the LORD'S: all the weights of the bag are his work. (Proverbs 16:11)
.

He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much. (Luke 16:10)