Friday, August 27, 2010

Praying for patience...

It was a time in my life where everything just seem kinda bleak. Things had just kind of crumbled in a serious relationship I was in and things just looked kind of far out and HOPELESS. I kept praying, "God just give me Patience! God just give me patience! GOD PLEASE JUST GIVE ME PATIENCE!!!" I'm not really SURE what I was expecting God to do, by me praying this, but it wasn't long before I found myself in the middle of a big outreach started on the "rougher" side of town. It was at this time that I met a girl that was 9-years of age. We started bringing her to church... [AND let me tell you something about this girl...to DEAL with her you NEEDED patience to the ULTIMATE SUPPLY from God and believe me I was praying for God to keep it coming my way!!!] I can't help but think that it was NO coincidence that God placed this girl in my life after my prayer to Him for patience! OH and guess what this girl's name just HAPPENED to be?!?! PATIENCE!!! YES!!! And believe me, she was NOT named Patience because SHE HAD THE virtue, but YOU sure needed it to be with her! LOL! God gave me patience, to deal with Patience, for about two years before she moved...and even though she tried ME...I learned to LOVE PATIENCE!!! 
Soooooooo be careful what you pray for!!! You NEVER know what God may do...HE just might give you, a little girl named PATIENCE!!! :)