Tuesday, August 10, 2010

If not for Grace...

I have always grown up all my life hearing about a lady name Sis. Kathy. Sis. Kathy was a Pentecostal lady that lived across the street from us in New York City and my mom said that constantley this lady would invite my mom, to church. My mom says that she would continually say no. But one day she got talked into going to church and since that time we have never stopped.

Well I have always just heard about this lady. And after our family moved to Arizona her and my mom lost touch. However, recently, through the internet, I have had the opportunity to communicate with this lady that brought our family to the truth. I told her that I just wanted to thank her for what she did. She told me that she was actually new in the church herself and that she would see my mom in the front yard of our house playing with us kids and she just wanted so badly for my mom to have what she had just recieved herself.

It may have been just one person that she was witnessing to at that time, but that one person has had an affect on her own five children and now its her Grandchildren that are still recieving the blessing of Sis. Kathy's witness. 25 years ago, it wasn't just my mom...I may have only been two at the time, but it was ME she was winning too! I thank God she wasn't afraid to be a witness and that she didn't give up on my mom. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. (Acts 2:39) When you decide to live for God it doesn't just stop with you!

I was thinkin the other day, Where would I BE had she not witnessed?! Where would I be had my mom not followed? Where would our family be WITHOUT GOD!!! There are some people, in this world that still manage to have got it all together...BUT that would NOT be The Ginty's!!! That would NOT be MY FAMILY! Life without God just SCARES me!!! I can't even imagine just how totally messed up we all would be. I just sat there in my room one moring while praying and cried. THANK YOU JESUS for saving me! Thank you Jesus for bringing my family out!!! Where would I be without you Lord? The Horrors fill my mind! Where WOULD I BE?!?! The words from a song fill my mind...

Were it not for grace
I can tell you where I'd be
Wandering down some pointless road to nowhere
...Were it not for Grace...