Saturday, August 21, 2010

I just can't help it!!!

Generally speaking, EVERYONE that knows me, KNOWS that I am a very, very easygoing person! I'm very "Go with the Flow" whatever kind of personality! If I don't agree with someone I am just like okaaaay, whatever!!! BUT Sometimes I just can't keep my mouth shut OR I guess I should say, "My fingers from typing" AND today was just one of those days. I got up at about 1pm today, cause we went on a little trip last night with some friends and didn't get to bed till about 6 am this morning! Soooo I was just strolling around the house today and my sis was like, "Heeeey have you been on Facebook today? and I was like no I havn't really been on... So she was like OH well Elder Sis. Buxton, a pastor's wife, who is to me an Elder in Pentecost, had posted this on her Facebook status...
"It seems so strange for Apostolic people to list their favorite movies, and to make remarks about movies they just saw...such things. I don't want to get into a big conversation about it...understand about computers and the internet and YouTube and all that. Just sayin'...it seems strange."

And my sister said there are some people that agree with her, BUT you would NOT even believe how man many people are DISAGREEING with her!!! I was like, OOOOO I am soooooo getting on RIGHT NOW!!! LOL! 

I said...
Sis. Buxton, I TOTALLY agree with you 100% I'm NOT about to read all these comments (80) but some of them are just plain ridiculous!!! And don't feel discouraged or intimidated by the negative comments. We NEED people like you to stay strong for this next generation! What also REALLY surprises me is the fact that its not even just movies anymore, its just STRAIGHT UP TELEVISION shows. I can NOT believe that people let their children watch shows like The Gilmore girls and TWIGHLIGHT!!!! Even non-Apostolic Christians that I know will NOT look at that kinda stuff!! Rebellion and sin can lead people to do horrible things, even put them on "Suicide watch" ...BUT it is NOT due to the things of God! AND furthermore people, this is Sis. Buxtons' page and if she wants to stand up for truth on it...then LET HER!!! ITS HER PAGE!!! You stand up for your "Twilight" and she'll keep standin up for LIVING RIGHT!!! AND to all that have left negative comments, you should be uttlery ashamed of yourself...Sis. Buxton is our elder and we should be respectin what she says....THATS Bible...Just sayin!!! :)
...............................................................
JUST couldn't help myself!!! Just because you have been taught a higher standard and stick to it does NOT mean that your "Holier than thou" AND just because you have a different standard does NOT mean that your NOT living right. Our family came from a church that had A LOT different standards than the church I now go to, and it was A GOOD CHURCH!!! And I LOVE those people and I THANK God that they brought me THE TRUTH!!! BUT I ALSO, thank God that for the magority of my life I grew up in a church that taught against television and that my father, who is not in church, allowed for my mom to live by that same standard for us. I thank God that Bishop Abbott NEVER once compromised what he taught us!!! He preached THE SAME STUFF for the 24 years I had him for a pastor and believe that his son will do THE SAME for us!!! I honestly don't know if I would have made it living for God if I had grown up being infilterated with those things. AND I will admit that there was a time in my life that I struggled with watching stuff, but you know what I was ASHAMED and EMARASSED of myself and you know what, it affected ME spiritually! BUT These days, Apostolic people are almost PROUD to say what they watch and if you dare say anything, YOU have a bad attitude and YOU don't LOVE people AND YOU are HOLIER THAN THOU!! Well you know what I have to say about that...
WHATEVER!!!!!!!!