Thursday, July 29, 2010

Our Heritage Testimony!

It was about 2:30 am, Friday morning of Heritage. Us girls had just gotten back from the youth lock in and we were all gathered in my sister and Jac's room on their bed laughing and talking about the events of the evening. Ok, ok, Okaaaaaay...we were basically talking about GUYS!!! LOL! ;) When Delora, a 14-year-old girl from our church, showed us her arm. I was like WHOOOAH!!! It was all swollen and black and blue and just looked REALLY bad. She had mentioned something to me about it earlier but in all my excitement about the trip I hadn't really been paying attention to what she said. Apparently her and Jestina had been messin around right before the trip and somehow her arm got twisted and it was getting worse and worse and worse with each day that passed by.
.
So when I saw her arm I was just like...WOW...AND why didn't you go to the doctor before the trip?! And she said that it had happend like RIGHT before we left and there was NO time, but she just didn't know what to do now cause it just kept gettin WORSE!!! So I was thinkin MAN I hope we don't have to take her to the hospital or something...then as an afterthought, I was like WELL...you should get the preachers to pray for it tomorrow! AND as soon as I said that, I remember this story that my brother Joe has told us about when he was doing missions in the Philipines....
.
He said that there was a child that was sick, with a really high fever and that the parent of this child wanted him and one of the other guys to pray for him to feel better. So my brother and his friend went to Bro. Buxton and told him what was going on and asked if he would pray for this child. I remember my brother saying that Bro. Buxton told them that they had THE SAME HOLY GHOST he had and to go pray for the child themselves. So they did...and they said they were shocked to find out later on, that GOD HEALED that child!
.
SOOOO after remembering this I was like well...the preachers...OR we could uh, like, try praying for her arm ourselves. It was kinda silent, for like 10 seconds...then Jac was like, YEAH we could pray! And one of the girls was like, BUT we CAN'T pray...WE'RE NOT PREACHERS! So we're like ALL laughing and I'm like, OH ye of little faith, get YO'self outta here!!! Sooooo we just kinda look at each other again and I'm like, ummmm...okaaaaaay so are we gonna pray or what?!?!
.
And I'm NOT gonna lie to you all...the prayer was NOT some kind of amazing, light dimming, earth shattering prayer!!! We all put our hands on Delora's arm and said something like, "Uh, God, we know we're not like preachers or anything, but we know that your the healer and your able to do anything, and we're coming to you in faith,  asking you to heal Delora's arm! Uuuuhhh, ummm, like, in Jesus name we pray, AMEN!!!" AND that was basically it!!! We forgot about her arm and IMMEDIATLEY went back to talking about GUYS!!! ;) ;) ;) Plus there was giggles through out the whole thing...BUT you know, I don't think God minded the akwardness or our giggles...
.
Cause at church that morning I asked Delora how her arm was and she said it still hurt BUT instead of getting worse, it was feeling A LOT better. By the night time she said her arm felt COMPLETELY better AND this past Sunday at church, she stood up, crying, testifying that GOD HAD HEALED HER ARM!
.
I think sometimes we sooooo OFTEN forget to take our needs to God in prayer. We go to Advil, Asprin and the doctor before we think to go to God. It was also a faith builder to us girls. We got the SAME Holy Ghost as the preachers AND and can use the prayers of a buncha single, dead-tired-hyper, boy cRaZy girls! Oh what peace we often forfiet, oh what needless pain we bear, All because we do NOT carry EVERYTHING to God in Prayer!!!

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly
above all that we ask or think,
 according to the power that worketh in us.
(Ephesians 3:20)

.