Monday, June 28, 2010

USED!

USED! Have you ever JUST felt used?! Like someone took advantage of you to obtain something they wanted? Maybe it was that phone call to get the latest scoop and as soon as they got it they had to go. Maybe that person that SUDDENLY became your best friend when they realized their crush was your sibling. OR that person that is EXTRA nice when they suddenly realize that your their only ride to the youth service across town or when they realize they don't have enough money to cover their food bill at Red Robbin. We've all been used before and I'm sure we've all been on the other side, using someone a little too. (DON'T EVEN DENY IT! you soooooo know you have;)I think its just human nature to say that none of us can claim innocent in this area, but we also all know how it feels to be the one that is used. Even if its just a friend, its not a HUGE deal, but you can't help but get that hollow little empty feeling inside...They just used me...ugh...and you kinda feel like a loser!!!
.
However, when GOD uses you, it's a COMPLETELY different story. A couple of weeks ago we were in Show Low AZ for Apostolic Jr. camp. One of my friends had pulled a muscle in her back and the next thing I knew, I was being dropped off at the ER with my friend. When my friend went back to be checked out by the ER doctor a lady a couple seats a way started talking to me. She asked me if I we were Pentecostal and when I said yes her whole face just lit up and she told me that she had been looking and looking for a Pentecostal church in Show Low. So I chatted with her for a little bit, we exchanged info and I promised her that I would get her number to the church in Show Low.
.
On the last day of camp my brother, my sister and I decided to go to Safeway to eat our lunch. As we were lookin around, I wondered into the bakery area where I felt the donuts just CALLIN MY NAME!!! ;) While trying to decide what donut I wanted, I heard someone very excitedly saying hi to me. I looked up and saw that it was the lady from the ER, she just HAPPENED to work in the bakery at Safeway! I was soooooo excited I gave her a big hug and told her that I had passed her info on to that church. We chatted for a few minutes and she told me that she had actually been raised Pentecostal. She remembered going to Jr. camps every year as a child and that her uncle was even a Pentecostal preacher.
.
When I walked away from the bakery that day, I couldn't help but feel a little bit in awe. I had gone up to Show Low for the camp, but was led to this lady. I mean what are the chances that I would just HAPPEN to run into this lady TWICE, without even trying!?!?! I knew it wasn't JUST a coincedance. It was GOD! He had USED me! But unlike when friends use us, I didn't feel that empty, loser feeling! I felt sooooooooo GOOD! I was like, OMW!!! God like, USED ME!!! WOW!!!
.
When God uses you, you don't feel empty, you feel fulfilled. You don't feel like a loser, you feel like you won some kind of contest and acheived some kind of award. You get this warm, fuzzy, tingling feeling, like sparkles of joy exploding in your heart...ITS AWESOME!!! Being used by God is one of the most spectacular and amaZing feelings in the world!!!
.
Take my hands Lord,
Take my feet,
Touch my heart Lord,
Speak through me,
If you can use anything Lord,
YOU CAN USE ME!!!

Posted by Picasa