Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Calling ALL SINGLES!!! ;)

How To Compete For A Guy
(Or a girl IF your a guy!!!;)

Have you ever liked someone that didn't like you back?!
I sure HAVE!!! ;D Its NOT that bad UNTIL you find out that they like another person. Ugh! So then what do you do? Do you give up and move on? Well, if you do thats probabley The NORMAL thing to do. However, I am NOT your normal, average, person!!!! Nooooo waaaay! LOL
.
So I liked this certain Apostolic young man one time. He was like SOOOOO handsome and tall, with honey brown hair and like emerald green eyes. He was soooo funny and cool to hang out with. Plus, to top all this off, he was like TOALLY annointed of God, of course that REALLY impressed me. I remember telling all the girls, "Like NOT only is he like the HOTTEST guy in Pentecost, but he is annointed too!"
.
Well, I basically had like EVERYONE that was friends with this guy giving me info about him. One day I got the NEWS that he liked some other girl!!! I was soooooo BUMMED. I think for one day I let myself be all sad about it...I think I may have even shed a few tears...BUT as I thought about the incredible handsomeness of this guy, I KNEW there was NOOOOOO waaaaay I was ready to give up on him. So I dried my tears and BEGAN working. I wasn't ready to give up on the hottest guy in Pentecost, without a FIGHT!!!
Yes, yes competition!!! ;)
.
The first thing I did was ask my friends WHAT this girl looked like. "So is she like REALLY pretty or what?!" I asked one of the girs that was really good friends with this guy. Now, my friend is pretty honest about these things and usually has VERY high standards for what she considers pretty, so I figured she would be like, No not really or something. BUT to further my devestation, she was like, Oh Yes! She is like BEAUTIFUL!!! She has perfectly manicured nails, her eybrows are perfectley arched, she was tall and slender with the PERFECT figure and she had this really cool way of doing her hair!!!  AAAAAAAAAAuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhh!!!! BUT I still wasn't ready to give up...I had to see a picture of her for myself to see if this girl REALLY was ALL THAT!!!
.
FINALLY I got a hold of a picture of her AND much to my disapointment, SHE WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!
She had these really exotic dark brown eyes, really light curly blond hair that went to just below her shoulders, she had a really nice carmel skin coloring, a sweet little smile and yeah, she basically looked PERFECT!!! I was like AW MAN!
.
Plus I found out that she was getting some top notch degree, she played the piano, sang, led choir, all this cool stuff. But I was like, WELL if this is the kind of girl he likes, then I am gonna try and be JUST like her!!! I figured I could learning how to do my hair just LIKE HERS! I could dress like her etc... but the more I tried to be like this girl, the more and more I failed. I just couldn't get my hair right...It was just to STRAIGHT! The clothes she wore just wern't flattering AT ALL on me! It didn't matter how much I tried to tan...I was still THE WHITEST girl in the world AND I was NEVER gonna have a beautiful carmel skin coloring. PLUS, I was a college drop out AND HAVE absolutely NO MUSICAL inclineation and fo sho would be getting any calls to break out the singing albmums. I remember sitting on the couch at work and thinkin..."MAN! She has dark brown eyes...mine are blue...no matter WHAT...I'll NEVER have dark BROWN eyes.
.
Then all of the sudden, as I was sitting there...I thought...HEEEEEEEEEY!!! I HAVE BLUE EYES!!! She'll NEVER have blue eyes!!! (I know, total BRAT thought, RIGHT?!;)Then I started thinking about ALL my attiributes that SHE would NEVER have...I was like Hmmmm...maybe I should start thinkin about this differently!!! Then as I was sitting there, contemplating all my wonderfulnes, it HIT mE!!!  There was ONE thing that I had that this girl could NEVER compete with me on. I knew, without a doubt I could beat this chick in this area without even trying.
.
Soooooooo as soooon as my friend Janelle called me that day I was like, "JANELLE!!! Guess what? I know HOW I can  get this guy. She is like HOW?! Sooooooo I am like okaaaaaay well, I saw a picture of that chick and she is ACTUALLY really pretty!!! So Janelle is like, OH well I am SURE she is NOT as pretty as you. (Forever the loyal friend!) So I am like, no listen Janelle, she really is beautiful and I mean she is tall and slender and come lets face it, WE KNOW I fo sho don't have the SLENDER thing going on...Janelle is just like, BUT Mary, you are BEAUTIFUL...So I am like, I know, I know, I know, I KNOW...BUT just listen... so is she!!! But there is SOMETHING I have that she can NEVER compete with me...So Janelle is like "Oh the Holy Ghost?!"  i am like, no, no, I'm not talking about that...she has the Holy Ghost and is a totally good girl TOO! Sooooo Janelle is like WELL WHAT THEN?!?! So I am like ...

.PERSONALITY!!!!!! I mean may have pretty hair, blue eyes and a bright smile, BUT by far, I KNOW that my personality is my greatest attribute. Janelle just starts laughing and she is like, "Mary! That is soooooooooo TRUE!!! You really do have the BEST personality!" So I was like, "Yeah I've just decided that thats what I am going to use to get this guy...myself OR my Maryness. Cause, I mean lets face it...There is nooooooo waaaaay she can compete with me there.
.
I know that I may sound concieted, me saying that about myself, but it's true! Not JUST for me, but for you as well. We all have this ability be ourself, which NO ONE can compete with. AND actually, this is true in EVERY aspect of our lives NOT just in relationships. I used this SAME concept when teaching a class on writing. I said, HOW can you be better than EVERY writer out there?! By just being yourself! I said your writing should NOT represent your favorite author. When people read my stuff and I don't want to hear them say, "Oh this is soooo Max Lucado!" Most people describe me as loving, passionate, fun, expressive, vivacious and humorous. (Oh AND cRaZy!) When you read my writing you will always see these same attributes in my writing.  Think about it...how do people describe you? No one can compete with who YOU are! Your personality AND your experiances.
.
Growing up, I used to try SOOOO hard to be just like my pastor's oldest daughter, Devi Abbott. BUT I kept failing miserabley. I made a really, really LOUSY Devi Abbott!!! But as the years went on, I realized, ya know, I may never be like Devi Abbott, but you know what?!?! I  make a REALLY awesome MARY GINTY! And something tells me that if Devi EVER tried to be like me, she would make a really lousy MARY!!!
.
 The only person we should really strive to be like IS Jesus. Even in our own uniquness, we have to learn to conform ourself to Jesus. For example, when I was a teenager I was this crazy, hyper, loud and wild girl. (I know I've changed SOOOO MUCH!;) Its not like I was bad, I was just soooo exuberant I tended to get myself into mischief. My pastor would kind of get on me when I got out of hand. Its not like he was trying to make me into ANOTHER person. He saw my potentioal and just helped tame me so that I could actually be used for something. It’s all about being the BEST Mary that I can be!!!
.
So has it worked for me?!?! WELL...I'm STILL single... BUT, I'm having fun being me! I know that when the time comes... some INCREDIBLEY handsome guys is gonna fall for my incredible Maryness!!! ;) Think about it...if your trying SOOO hard to be just like someone else, why would ANYONE want to give up what they ALREADY have, for YOU, trying to be, what THEY ALREADY HAVE?! Remember God made you special. The best thing you got to compete with, is being the person God made you to be. There is NO one in the world quite like you. Soooooo heeeey...might as well use this to YOUR ADVANTAGE!!! "To try and be like someone else, is to waste the person YOU are!!!" ·
  I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made:
marvellous are thy works;
and that my soul knoweth right well.
 Psalms 139: 14