Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A prayer God always answers...

There are a lot of things that I often just don't like in my life. Sometimes, I am asked to something and I just feel sooooo agravated. Sometimes people say things to me that just PLAIN annoy me. Sometimes, I just get frustrated with life. When these things happen I would find myself praying stuff like, "Oh God...PLEASE don't make me have to do that! Or God MAKE them take back what they said OR God, JUST GIVE ME A HUSBAND...like RIGHT NOW!!!" HAHAHA!!! For the most part I can honestly say that those prayers havn't been answered and I know that a lot of them are the kind that you have to wait on. However, there is a prayer that I pray, that God ALWAYS seems to answer. That prayer is, "Oh God, GIVE ME A GOOD ATTITUDE!!!" LOL  I know it may sound funny but it's true! God ALWAYS answers that prayer for me.
.
Several weeks ago, my mom wanted me to come over to her house and help her clean off her back porch. I said yes...but inside as was SCREAMING NOOOOOOOOOO!!! You may be thinkin, Oh come on Mary, it's NOT that big of a deal, just help your mom...Okaaaaay you've NEVER seen my mom's back porch, she is kinda a pack rat!!!(LIKE OMW!!! BIG TIME!!! And she likes to keep EVERYTHING)  So I was sitting on my bed like TOTALLY havin a magor pouting and moaning session. Sooooo FINALLY... I was like, Okaaaaaaaaaay God, I REALLY don't wanna do this, BUT, since your NOT changing my mother's mind about me helping her, will you PLEASE just give me a good attitude about it?! And you know what, HE DID! My mom picked me up. We worked together for several hours and it was actually kinda enjoyable!!! AND she actually even gave me a bunch of stuff for my yard sale. I don't know HOW it happened, or WHEN my attitude changed, BUT it did!!!
.
 I have been makin it my prayer in every situation for God to change ME!!! When people say things I don't like, I try to just bite my tongue and just pray for God to keep giving me a good attitude. I hear Mary can you do this? I am like..."Good attitude God!" Someone gives me a dirty look..."Good attitude God!" Or God, I am waiting and waiting for a job, but in the mean time help me to make the most of this situation AND give me a good attitude. OR the biggie for all us singles...NOT that I am promoting to not pray for the right spouse, I believe and have ALWAYS been taught that, that is right to do, but in the mean time, it's pointless to gripe and complain. I have been asking God to help me to keep a good attitude about being single. "God, make me the BEST umarried person that I can possibly be! (I personally think I am pretty good at it!;)
.
Try praying for a good attitude sometime...IT works...I PROMISE!!! So often we think that the ONLY answer is for God to change our situation and NOT to change us. We want him to rearrange our surroundings, but what we REALLY need is a good, old fashioned
ATTITUDE adjustment!!! :)
.
But made himself of no reputation,
and took upon him the form of a servant,
and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man,
he humbled himself,
and became obedient unto death,
even the death of the cross.
Philippians 2:7-8