Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Outreach Picnic!!!

This was SOOOOOOOOO much FUN!!!

This was our fourth annual outreach picnic at Paradise Shadows and it was SOOOOOO much fun!!!! It's one of those things where I was like freaking out trying get it all planned and together...and EVERYONE was calling me the night before with last minute little things...BUT of course in the long run everything turned out GREAT...AS ALWAYS! We REALLY had a big turn out this year and met a lot of new people! Paradise Shadows is an apartment complex located in the Palomino Square area of Phoenix, it is mostly an African Refugee community, but also has a lot of other immigrants as well. So we get to mingle with a lot of different cultures and religions. There was one man and his family there that we got to talk with that was a Muslim from Iraqu, he would normally never have anything to do with a church group so the picnic was a cool way to reach him. Oooooooo I also got to try more African food, not that I'm sure I  really wanted to but you know... LOL It was COOL! Cause I was like going around to the apartments getting people to come to the picnic and EVERYONE has to invite me inside...OH MARY, try this...I am like, Oh well we have food over at the playground thats why I am here...No Mary! HERE YOu have to... PLEASE EAT...Next thing I know a part of WHATEVER they are eaten is being handed to me...I am like Oh thank you... and I have NO IDEA what I am about to eat so I just chew and swallow, chew and swallow!!!! Mmmmm...Soooooo good! Oh you like our food Mary?!?! HAHAHAHAHA!!! I mean you HAVE to eat the food otherwise it's like REALLY rude and a total insult!!! I remember this one time Sam, Janelle and I went to this man's church in a home and afterwards they were havin a potluck, so of course it was like all kinds of African food that we had NO idea what it was, AND remember YOU HAVE TO EAT, and they want you to eat A LOT and FIRST because your the guests....Soooo we are just like piling up on white rice and takin a little bit of other stuff, then ALL of the sudden in the midst of it ALL there was some KFC!!! We were just like OH GLORY!!! HAHAHAHA!!! GOOOOOOOOOD times, GOOOOOOD TIMES!!! Outreach, Wednesday School, kid's church and the bus ministry-This is the kind of stuff I just LOVE doing! Can't wait to see what's next...cause it's ALWAYS an adventure!!!!
 To see pics from the picnic Click HERE