Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A bug is a BUG!!!

I remember even when I was younger, like your average girl, I HATED bugs!!! Except there was ONE exception to that rule... I LOVED lady bugs! i don't know why but for some reason they didn't seem like they were really bugs. They were so dainty and little and cute. When I was in 5th grade, my friends and I would sneak our pencil boxes out to the playground at recess, then we would go to the bushes and find these ADORABLE little bugs. Then we would sneak them back into the classroom.
.
One day after lunch recess I was sitting at my desk quietly doing my work. As I sat there I began to feel a really CREEPY tickling feeling on my arm and my neck and all of the sudden I knew it was a BUG!!! It took everthing in my not to SCREAM as a frantically shook myself of the lady bug. I saw it fall to the ground and smashed the little thing! In that moment the lady bug lost it's "cuteness" and joined the ranks of ALL OTHER nasty insects in which girls HATE!!!! To this day I HATE ALL bugs, including adorable little lady bugs AND even beautiful butterflies. I just can't stand the thought of them touching me!!! Because as far as I am concerned there are NO cute bugs!  It doesn't matter if it is a cockroach or a lady bug...
A bug is a bug is a bug is a bug is a BUG!!!
.
Sometimes there are things in our life that we don't really think is a sin or that big of a deal. There are things that we allow in just because we think that its cute. Maybe it's a little lie that we think doesn't really matter or just a little teeny tiny bit of gossip. A little peice of candy that never gets paid for or a quarter that belongs to someone else. Sometimes it's a bad attitude, a smart aleck remark or wearing something that represents the world. It doesn't SEEM like a big deal, BUT the truth its SIN!!! You know it's wrong and deep down inside you get that creepy, crawly feeling!!! We try and excuse it and say that it's not going to turn us away from God, BUT why keep it? How does it make sense to allow even a little sin into our lives? A bug is a bug is a bug and...
 Sin is sin is sin is sin is SIN!!!


"But if thine eye be evil,
thy whole body shall be full of darkness..."
(Matthew 6:23)