Thursday, February 25, 2010

Financial Wisdumb from Mary!

I would like to give all of my wonderful friendies out there some  financial advise! Perhaps your thinkin, right, sure WHAT does Mary know about finances, that is in any way going to help us?!?! Mary doesn't EVEN have a job at the moment!!! Well, let me tell you all a little story...
.
Soooooooooo my five and a half year job as a nanny ended January 6th. I have been trying really hard to get a new job- Been going on lotsa interviews and stuff, but still NOTHING!!! Well, at the end of January I got a job doing respite for a foster kid for 4 days at our house, So I was VERY excited when I got a check in the mail in the beginning of February. My sister was like, hey lets go to the mall...soooooooo I thought about if for about 2 seconds and then said... SURE!!!!!!!!!
.
When we were at the mall I found quite a few things I REALLY wanted!!! FIRST of all, this incredibly babelicious outfit!!! It was like SOOOOOOOO adorable! There was like this cute black jacket that tied in the middle and then it had this really pretty, cotton candy pink shell thing that went under it, with little sprinkly things all over it! I tried it on and it looked FANTABULOUS!!! I mean WOW!!! It was slenderizing and EVERYTHING!!! Soooooooo I decide fo sho that I was going to get it! I would wear it for Valentine's weekend!!! BUT instead of buying it that day, I put it on hold till Monday, because I had a coupon at our house for the store, so I wanted to make sure I got it for the discounted price.
.
Next we went into my ALL time FAVORITE accessory store, The Icing! Of course there was like a MILLION things there that I really, really wanted, BUT there was one thing that I wanted more than all the rest! It was this big, black, ruffly purse!!! It was sooooooooo me!!! I mean it just had MARY written ALL over it!!!!! It would be perfect for carrying all my junk, since like on a general basis, I have note books, devotionals and binders that I  keep with me, JUST IN CASE!!! ( I think I am the only person that is NOT a student, but has a backpack OVERFLOWING with all that stuff! LOL) So I am about to buy it, and my sister looks at me, and I am like, I probabley shouldn't get it huh?! And she is like, Well It's probabley not the wisest thing to spend your money on when you DON'T have a job. I am like Yeah, true, true! After all it was a WHOLE forty bucks, which in my opinion, is REALLY EXPENSIVE for a purse!!! Soooo I put it back...And I am PROUD of myself for being SOOOOOO wise with my money!!! :D
.
That was on Saturday. The next day was church. We didn't have time to go back to the mall till monday! We planned to go on Monday...BUT...Sunday night...while I was sleeping my purse was stolen from our van. (Yeah, I KNOW, I shoulda brought it in the house! Everyone INCLUDING MY bible class kids have been tellin me that! Duh! Thanks for the WISDUMB!!!! ;) There went $115 bucks!!!! Just GONE!!!
I was soooooooooooooooooooo BUMMED, FRUSTRATEd AND MAD!!! It really STINKS knowing that I was WI$E with my money and that it benefited who?! Some MORON THEIF!!!!
.
So let me tell you that I learned a very VALUELABLE lesson from all this!!!
When you have the money, and there is something that you really, really, really, REALLY want and you don't know if you should go ahead and spend the money or not...
.
.
.
JUST go ahead and...
SPEND IT!!!!!
.
.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Totally J/K!
BUT man...
I wish I had BOUGHT THAT purse!!! ;)