Thursday, February 18, 2010

Blessed are the Peacemakers...

As the middle child of five children, I often find myself playing the job of THE PEACEMAKER!!! I'm usually that one, that all my siblings come to telling me THEIR side of the arguement and I just kinda like nod my head, not taking either side cause I KNOW what will happen if I do! LOL I hate argueing and fighting so for the most part I have learned to JUST KEEP my mouth shut---Which I know may seem hard to believe---but if  you think about it, most of the time all my big mouth is doing is talking about myself, crazy adventures, cute guys or LAUGHING!!! So I've learned that one of the best ways to ease the tension in a sticky situations is by acting STUPID!!! Something, I am VERY good at! :)
.
Soooooooo this one time several years ago our youth group was on an outreach trip to William's AZ and on the drive up we stopped at McDonald's to eat. Now before we had even let for the trip, Bro. Abbott had given us a good talking to about behaving and that we were on the trip to do the work of GOD, not just to have fun! So you know, I'm trying my best to be good! ;) SO the way it was working was that everyone ordered their food and then Bro. Abbott was paying the bill at the end cause it was coming out of our money that we had paid for the trip. Which was fine, EXCEPT for the fact that this meant that ALL of our food was like TOTALLY mixed up when it was given to us---which cause a little bit of a tussle!!!
.
My SISTER Theresa, and my BEST FRIEND Jacqui, like GOT IN TO IT!!! LOL (They always let me say it was them when I tell the story!) So they are like having this like all out arguement about FRENCH FRIES!!! AND I am like OMW!!! What do I do?!?! I've GOTTA distract them from fighting----So what's the best distraction?!?! ACTING STUPID of course!!! ;) So I start SINGING!!!
.
Now I don't know if you all have heard the song that Timothy Spell sings called, Nothing like being able to touch the Lord?! Wellll I like that song ALOT, sooooooooo I decided that would be a good song to sing, BUT I decided to change the words around just a litttle!!! So I am sitting there, I close my eyes, throw my head back, start swinging my neck and start belting out the words, "THERE AIN'T NOTHING LIKE BEING ABLE...TO FLIRT WITH GUYS!!! Ooooooooooooo!!! YEAAAAAH!!!"
.
And the girls just crack up laughing. So I am thinking oh yeah, its working, the tension is being eased. So I think, Ooooo better sing it again, JUST to make sure I really ease away the tension. i keep my eyes shut and go into round two of the song, "THERE AIN'T NOTHING LIKE BEING ABLE TO FLIRT WITH GUYS!!!" BUT this time,  my song is met with total, and utter SILENCE!!! I am like hmmmm...thats weird...I wonder why they are not laughing this time?!
.
With my head still thrown back, I just kinda peek one eye open to see what's going on...I was like OOOPS!!! Cause standing above me was MY PASTOR, Bro Abbott!!! I was like OMW!!! I was like sooooooo scared, because I mean I am singing a song about FLIRTING with GUYS and we're like on this OUTREACH trip AND I had a BOYFRIEND at the time. Soooo I am just like OH no! What's he gonna do?!?! So I am like looking up at him and he just kinda raises his eyebrows, gets this like half smirk on his face and just says, "OH REALLY?!" Then he just saunters off.
.
Our WHOLE table just busted up into HYSTERICAL laughter! I mean I was laughing SOOOOOO hard I couldn't even breath and tears were coming out of my eyes. FINALLY I thought I was done laughing, so I grab my Dr. Pepper and take a big ol drink, ONLY I wasn't REALLY done laughing, so the Dr. Pepper goes like up my nose and then like flying out my mouth, my nose and across the whole table and onto Janelle's GLASSES!!! It was ABSOLUTLE craziness and resulted in us all going once again into hysterical laughter.
.
NEEDLESS to say...
the tension at our table was long FORGOTTEN!!!
Mission ACCOMPLISHED!
P.S. This story is ALOT funnier when I tell it in person!!! ;)