Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My heart...

My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed:
 I will sing and give praise (Psalm 57:7) 

This scripture has been on my mind all day today- I just keep thinking about it. What did David mean when he said this? I looked up the word fixed in the dictionary. It says;
1.fastened, attached, or placed so as to be firm and not readily movable; firmly implanted; stationary; rigid.
2.rendered stable or permanent, as color.
3.set or intent upon something; steadily directed: a fixed stare.
4.definitely and permanently placed: a fixed buoy; a fixed line of defense.
5.not fluctuating or varying; definite: a fixed purpose.

WOW! When you read the scriptures before this in the bible you will see that
David cried out this prayer to God at a time in his life where he felt like everything was falling apart, yet he was still holding on to God. 

I think that in life, in our walk with God we all come to a place that we have to make up our mind. A time where we stop wondering IF we are gonna make it and JUST decide I AM gonna make it!!! 

It doesn't mean that we don't have struggles or questions. It doesn't mean that we won't make mistakes or trip. It just means that IF I do fall, I'm gonna get back up!!! I am gonna HOLD on to God NO MATTER what!!! 

It means even though people have done you wrong- your gonna keep praising him. If you re-wrote the scripture to go with the dictionary definition it would go like this-
My heart is fastened and attached to you God. It is planted firmly and cannot be moved. It is stable and permanent.My mind is intent on You and steadily directed by You. It is definite, permanent, not changing from moment to moment or by the circumstances around me. My purpose is to praise you God, therefore, I will!!! 

Just a little something I thought I would share- God laid it upon me, perhaps someone needed to hear this!!!